Tuesday, October 12, 2010

UMP; The convocation ceremony

Assalamualaikum and Peace be upon all of you.
Welcome to my blog.

Photobucket

Finally, my long awaited events, the convocation ceremony. I have long waited for this big event. It is almost like another custom for my family especially looking at all my cousins who gets their certificate, diploma and degree. One by one of them get the privilege to invite their parents to their graduation ceremony. I can say that, I’m a little envy with them. And now, my day finally arrives. My time as a university student is finally over, and a new life shall begin.

Photobucket

There are about 1030 UMP’s graduates in this year. I am among the lucky batch of UMP student. In 2005, I register as a student of Kolej Universiti Kejuruteraan Teknologi Malaysia (KUKTEM). Later, in 2010, I graduate as a student of Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP). Cool!! (^_^)


TRIVIA

UMP originally is known as Kolej Universiti Kejuruteraan Teknologi Malaysia, KUKTEM. It is founded in 2002. Previously, it is a branch campus of UTM known as UTM Pahang.
(In other word, the campus gain independence from UTM and thus, KUKTEM was born. huhu..).

Photobucket
KUKTEM, 2002 - 2007

Logo UMP
UMP, 2007 - present

Later, the name change into Universiti Malaysia Pahang, UMP by the Ministry of Higher Learning in 2007. Even the campus has been transferred numerous times as it is located at a temporary campus. Firstly, it is operated at Indera Mahkota Campus, Kuantan. Later transferred to the current Gambang campus. And recently, the permanent campus at Pekan has started to receives its first batch.
(It is another government policy at that time who wanted the university to established and operated first before the permanent campus is built. I hope that this policy will not be implemented again in the future.)

Here is the picture of UMP Gambang and UMP Pekan. Indera Mahkota campus has ceased to exist.

Photobucket
UMP Gambang, currently houses most of UMP faculties, dormitories and administration offices

Photobucket
UMP Pekan, the permanent campus. Currently houses the Electrical and Mechanical Faculties.

Well, that's it for now. The royal portal will be started as usual after this.
Until next time.

Bye~~~

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Followers