Welcome to my blog.
Today royal segment will cover about Perlis Royal Family. Perlis is also the smallest state in Malaysia that has its own monarch. The ruler of Perlis is styled as HRH Raja of Perlis.
The current Raja of Perlis is HRH Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin ibni Al-marhum Tuanku Syed Putra Jamalullail. He is the 12th ruler of Perlis. His reign started since 2000.
The consort to the Ruler of Perlis is styled as HRH Raja Perempuan of Perlis. The current holder is HRH Tuanku Fauziah binti Tengku Abdul Rashid.
The State of Perlis (Negeri Perlis Indera Kayangan) has its origins during the period of Thai rule over the northern Malay states. The Thais followed a classic "divide and rule policy", no doubt in full conformity with the traditional Asian values of which we have heard so much. They divided the states into smaller units under, frequently headed by rival members of the ruling houses. Perlis, a region within Kedah, became a separate polity under the former Sultan Zia ud-din Mukarram Shah II, after he abdicated in 1803.
Sultan Zia's daughter married a Syed of Arabic descent, named Abu Bakar Harun Jamal' ul-Lail. The latter had been Penghulu, or subordinate chief, of Arau since 1797. His son and successor, Syed Husain received promotion to Raja of Perlis Indera Kayangan in 1843, after helping the Thais to suppress a revolt by the Raja of Ligor, one of the micro states into which Patani had been divided. Syed Husain's successors ruled peacefully for the rest of the century, sending the occasional tributes of gold or silver flowers to the Siamese overlord in Bangkok.
By the terms of the 1909 Anglo-Siamese Treaty, Perlis, along with three other Malay states under nominal Siamese control, also became a British Protectorate. Formal sovereignty being transferred in 1911, when Perlis became one of the unfederated Malay states. Located near the southern Thai border, Perlis was one of the first areas to be attacked by Japanese and Thai forces in 1941. Japanese occupation resulted in the rightful Heir Apparent being set aside when the reigning Raja died in early 1943. This was followed by a return to Thai sovereignty on 20th August 1943. The state was returned to British rule after the Japanese defeat on 8th September 1945. Their nominee as Raja was removed nine days later.
Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin married with Tengku Fauziah and their marriage is blessed with a son and a daughter.
- Syed Faizuddin Putra (1967)
- Sharifa Fazira (1973)
*Syed Faizuddin married with Lailatul Shahreen binti Dato' Hj Khalil Akashah and their married is blessed with 2 daughters and a son.
Sharifa Khatreena Nuraniah (1995), Sharifa Farah Adriana (2001), Syed Sirajuddin Areeb Putra Jamalullail (2009)
Officials palace for the Raja of Perlis is Istana Arau (Arau Palace), Perlis. The officials residence of the Raja of Perlis is located at Istana Kenangan Indah, Repoh, Perlis.
Male primogeniture amongst the descendants of the founder of the dynasty, Tuan Syed Abu Bakar Harun JamalulLail. The Raja, and his successor, must be adherents of the Islamic faith.
**Line of successions.
- Syed Faizuddin Putra ibni Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Jamalullail, Tuanku Raja Muda
- Syed Sirajuddin Areeb Putra Jamalullail bin Syed Faizuddin Putra
- Syed Badaruddin ibni al-marhum Tuanku Syed Putra Jamalullail, Tuanku Sharif Bendahara
- Syed Mashafuddin bin Syed Badaruddin JamalulLail.
- Syed Amir Zainal Abidin ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Syed Putra JamalulLail, Tuanku Sharif Temenggong
- Syed Budriz Putra bin Syed Amir Zainal Abidin JamalulLail
- Syed Aqil Harryth bin Syed Budriz Putra JamalulLail
- Syed Razlan ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Syed Putra JamalulLail, Tengku Laksamana
- Syed Muhammad Hazrain bin Syed Razlan JamalulLail
- Syed Hazriq bin Syed Muhammad Hazrain JamalulLail
- Syed Muhammad Hafiz bin Syed Razlan JamalulLail
- Syed Zainal Anwar ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Syed Putra JamalulLail, Tengku Panglima
- Syed Haizam bin Syed Zainal Anwar JamalulLail
- Syed Jufri Zia ud-din bin Syed Zainal Anwar Jamal ul-Lail
- Dato' Sri Syed Zainal Rashid ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Syed Putra JamalulLail
- Syed Fariz Naqiuddin bin Syed Azni JamalulLail.
- Syed Haniff bin Syed Azni Jamal ulLail
- Syed Badlishah ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Syed Putra Jamal ul-Lail.
- Syed Fezriq bin Syed Badlishah Jamal ul-Lail
- Syed Felsharn bin Syed Badlishah Jamal ul-Lail
- Syed Fernarsh binSyed Badlishah Jamal ul-Lail
**subject to changes
Some of the pictures of the royal family.
Raja of Perlis and Raja Perempuan of Perlis
Sharifah Katreena Nuraniah
Sharifah Farah Adriana
Tuanku Syed Faizuddin with his son, Syed Sirajudin Areeb Putra Jamalullail