13th May has always been a dark history for Malaysia due to racial tension that occur in Kuala Lumpur. It resulted the State of Emergency to be announced. One fascinating thing about history is that, its always repeated itself. Even though it is not as severe as racial tension, 13th May 2014 marks the dark episode in the State of Terengganu when the State's face its second constitutional crisis for the second time in just over a period of 5 years. The crisis was triggered after the State witness the appointment of the new Menteri Besar, the State Assemblymen of Seberang Takir, Datuk Ahmad Razif bin Abd Rahman replacing Datuk Ahmad Said. The sworn-in ceremony was held at Syarqiyyah Palace before His Royal Highness Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin of Terengganu late in the evening.
After the sworn-in ceremony, the former Menteri Besar announced his resignation as an UMNO's members and becoming an Independent Assemblymen in the State's Assembly. His action later were followed by 2 other State Assemblymen resulted Barisan Nasional suffered a minor seat back. In the last General Election, Barisan Nasional manage to secure 17 seats out of 32 State Assembly contested seat. When 3 members of BN becoming Independent, Barisan Nasional at the time becoming a minority with only 14 seats, losing to the opposition Pakatan Rakyat who has 15 seats. The outcome of BN would face a vote of no confidence and the new Menteri Besar becoming the shortest serving Menteri Besar in Malaysia history was alarming.
Meanwhile, Terengganu's Pakatan Rakyat led by Tuan Guru Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang only taking "wait and see" stance regarding the issue. The social websites at the time were buzzing with the prospect of the new PR Government rise in power in Terengganu. Nevertheless, much of PR's supporters were in favour of a new fresh State's Election rather that seeing a coalition government with the Independents. In addition, Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang also have a faith to the reigning Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin who have the capability to steer the State in the troubled time. This is the fifth Menteri Besar in the reign of Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin since his accession to the throne in 1998. In 1999 and 2004 respectively, Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang and Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh were both appointed as Menteri Besar without much of a problem. The first constitution crisis occurs in 2008, when the palace has lost favour of Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh and appointing Datuk Seri Ahmad Said instead.
While the people seeing the crisis with much anticipation, it is still certain the BN Government still standing when the Speaker of the State Assembly using his prerogative to side with BN and that increase the numbers of BN in the Assembly to 15-3-15 in par to that of PR and Independent (with much resentment from the public). After a week, the Independent Assemblymen has announced rejoined back UMNO and the majority of BN in the State Assembly is secured. The new Menteri Besar did also announced that his administration will retain the line set by his former. Probably so that the crisis will end on a soft ground. In election 2013, it is said that Datuk Seri Ahmad Said will have a troublesome time after the election to steer the State after witnessing several bad omen, it looks like they were right after all.
- His Royal Highness the Sultan of Johor, Sultan Ibrahim started the Kembara Mahkota Johor 2012. The Prime Minister Najib were given the honour to flag the started of the Royal Entourage.
- Congratulations to His Majesty the Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia, Tuanku Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah in conjunction of the installation ceremony as the nation 14th Yang di-Pertuan Agong. The only King to date been installed twice as the Supreme Ruler
- In conjunction of the Installation ceremony, the Tuanku Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah and Tuanku Hajah Haminah consent to attend and participate in the Royal Golf Tournament.
- In conjunction of the installation ceremony of Tuanku Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah, a State Banquet was held attended by dignitaries and royal guests.
- His Royal Highness the Sultan of Johor consent to officiate the ground-breaking ceremony of Mersing Laguna project.